Are you preparing for a business trip to the Middle East? CNBC has made it easy to find the best hotels for travel.
CNBC Travel and market data company Statista today released a title of “Best Hotel for Business Travelers” in the Middle East.
This is the first of its kind between CNBC and Statista, which also jointly released hotel ratings in Europe today. The Asia-Pacific rankings were published in September.
In total, we analyzed more than 10,000 four- and five-star hotels in 117 regions to provide lists that corporate travelers can trust. We did this using a three-step process:
- It asks business travelers and hotel industry professionals to respond to a CNBC reader survey that ran from May 3 to June 7, 2022.
- Reviewing more than 1 million hotel data points, which included objective information (location, business facilities, food, leisure activities and room characteristics) and personal reviews (collected from Google, TripAdvisor, Expedia and similar sites).
- Measuring data to prioritize hotel attributes is considered most important in readership research.
For full details on our research methodology, click here.
From Abu Dhabi to Tel Aviv, here’s the full list of winners in the Middle East in PDF format – complete with final scores – some of which are highlighted below.
Alternatively, you can search by city or country using the table here:
- Rosewood Abu Dhabi
- Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi – Yas Island
- Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island
- W Abu Dhabi – Yas Island
- Rotana Beach Resort
Rosewood Abu Dhabi
Source: Rosewood Abu Dhabi
Rosewood Abu Dhabi is the brand’s only hotel in the United Arab Emirates. With less than 200 rooms and suites, it is not large, but it has seven on-site restaurants and lounges. Bookings that include Manor Club access come with more than standard resort fare: all-day dining and evening cocktails, yes — but also early check-in, spa discounts, meeting room use and fitness consultations with a personal trainer.
- Alegria Business Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ankara – Cukurambar
- Ankara Atli Hotel
- Invoice HiltonSA
- Occidental invoice
All Alegria is business – as befits its name. Opened in 2020, the hotel combines modern decor with convenient use. Although it has less than 150 rooms, the hotel has the facilities of a large hotel, with a restaurant, rooftop bar, spa, gym and event spaces.
- Alwadi Hotel Doha MGallery
- Regis Doha
- JW Marriott Marquis City Center Doha
- Mondrian Doha
- Park Hyatt Doha
Alwadi Hotel Doha MGallery
Source: Alwadi Hotel Doha MGallery
Guests find little to be wrong at the first MGallery-branded hotel to open in Qatar. They praise its service, food and location in the Msheireb district in the heart of the city and close to Souq Waqif, Doha’s most famous market. It has four restaurants – including fine Arabic cuisine at Sofra and the poolside O’Glacee – as well as a rooftop bar with drinks inspired by flavors from 28 countries.
- Sheraton Grand Hotel Dubai
- Jumeirah Living World Trade Center Residence
- Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Center
- Pullman Dubai Creek City Center Residences
- Grand Plaza Movenpick Media City
Sheraton Grand Hotel Dubai
Source: Marriott International
There are four Sheraton in Dubai, but the Sheraton Grand Dubai Hotel is the only one with the “Grand” distinction of the brand. Launched in 2015, the name was created to distinguish Sheraton’s best hotels, and this hotel was among the first ten properties to receive the label. The 54-story hotel has a rooftop bar and pool, as well as a 400-seat theater.
- Raffles Istanbul
- The Ritz-Carlton Istanbul
- Witt Istanbul Suites
- Residence of Leos
- Akgun Istanbul Hotel
Butler service at Raffles Istanbul
Source: Raffles Istanbul
With a prestigious address in Zorlu Center, Raffles Istanbul tops CNBC’s list of hotels in Turkey’s largest city. Each room comes with a personal butler, available 24 hours a day. There are indoor and outdoor swimming pools, an on-site helipad and an airport “meet and greet” service that fast-tracks travelers through passport control.
- Hotel Svalin
- Izmir Marriott Hotel
- Wyndham Grand Izmir Ozdilek
- Radisson Hotel Izmir Aliaga
- Renaissance Hotel Izmir
Svalinn Hotel is a practical and popular choice for business travelers in Izmir. Room rates are low, but features are high. It has the amenities that business travelers appreciate – an on-site restaurant, bar and patisserie – all a few miles from Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport.
- Assila, Luxury Collection Hotel, Dschidda
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah Al Salam
- Adagio Aparthotel Jeddah Malik Road
- Boudl Quraish
- Going to Jeddah
Assila, Luxury Collection Hotel, Dschidda
Source: Marriott International
Business travelers can run out of space when staying in city hotels, and Assila has them covered. It has apartments and rooms, but also one to four bedroom apartments. Part of Marriott’s “The Luxury Collection” of hotels, the hotel’s business center is an afterthought — a natural light-filled space with copy and printing services.
- American Colony Hotel Jerusalem
- Inbal Jerusalem
- Mamilla Hotel
- Citadel of David
- Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem
American Colony Hotel Jerusalem
Source: American Colony Hotel Jerusalem | Mikaela Burstow
The American Colony Hotel is more like a home than a hotel. The original part of the hotel was the former palace of a pasha – or high-ranking Ottoman official – and his four wives. In its 120-year history, the hotel added three other buildings, including the Cow Byre, a former barn that now houses rooms with private terraces.
- Four Points by Sheraton Makkah Al Naseem
- Intercontinental Dar Al Tawhid
- Raffles Mecca Palace
- Hilton Makkah Convention Hotel
- Park Inn and Radisson Makkah Aziziyah
Four Points by Sheraton Makkah Al Naseem
Source: Marriott International
Four Points by Sheraton Makkah Al Naseem is a grand hotel with all the bells and whistles of a branded hotel – fitness center, 24-hour room service and dry cleaning services. With suites with living rooms and marble bathrooms for around $125, the price is perfect for business guests who are watching their travel budgets.
- Radisson Hotel Riyadh Airport
- Movenpick Hotels and Residences Riyadh
- Vivienda Hotel Villas Granada
- Marriott Riyadh Diplomatic Quarter
- Riyadh Diplomatic Quarter – Marriott Executive Apartments
Radisson Hotel Riyadh Airport
Source: Radisson Hotel Riyadh Airport
Travelers landing in Riyadh who want to avoid the half-hour drive into the city can stay at the Radisson Hotel Riyadh Airport — just a five-minute drive from King Khalid International Airport. Rooms are generous and spacious, from entry-level 670-square-foot suites to luxury villas with offices and private pools.
- Norman Tel Aviv
- Drisco’s Hotel
- Ink Hotel
- David Kempinski
- Jaffa Tel Aviv
A beautiful blend of old and new, Norman Tel Aviv opened in 2014 after an eight-year renovation of its two buildings – the modern main building and the historic residential building nearby. Guests in its 50 rooms and suites have access to a rooftop swimming pool, two restaurants and a bar, as well as same-day dry cleaning services.
– Natalie Tham contributed to this report.