Midtown is looking for a tennis coach to engage members and foster their love of tennis.
We opened our doors 50 years ago as Chicago’s first indoor tennis club. And since then, we are the leaders of tennis. Our goal has always been to improve the game of tennis and we have moved the needle in so many ways. Our founders have helped make the game accessible to as many people as possible in so many ways, from creating Tennis in No Time, designed to teach beginner adults how to play tennis, and developing the junior development program that has become the USTA model of 10 and under tennis, we want the world to have the same love of tennis as we do. Our tennis professionals are some of the best in the game and we want them to bring their enthusiasm and skills to the courts.
Tennis Coach Responsibilities:
- Increase the visibility of tennis offers within the community
- Engage more members in more programs and with more coaches
- Maintain tennis areas to promote an exceptional facility experience
- Offer adult, junior, private, semi-private and group tennis lessons for beginner to advanced level players
- Assess student progress and teach tennis techniques using best practices
Tennis Coach Requirements:
- Have coaching experience, including adult, team and junior development
- Have a nationally recognized tennis certification (preferred)
- Possess an NTRP rating of 4.0 or higher and preferably have college gaming experience
This job description is intended to outline the general requirements of the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as needed to ensure the smooth running of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please contact Racquet Sports Director Juan Cuadrado at Juan.Cuadrado@midtown.com for more information